Monday, January 18, 2010

Spiritual Assignment


Spiritual Assignment from our last Bible study...

Develop one statement of belief with supporting Scripture references. You may post them as a comment to this post.

9 comments:

  1. Hey everyone! What particular subjects must be dealt with in a statement of beliefs? I noticed the assignment said one belief but I'm up to 3 beliefs and still doesn't seem comprehensive enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll all have more than one at this point... the important thing is to have Scriptual references to support your statement(s) so that you can share them with the group. Siba only asked that we be prepared to share one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foundational Truths. God's word is Eternal, fact. God's word is True, fact. God's word is accomplished, fact.
    Proverbs30:5&6
    John1:1
    Hebrews4:12
    1 Corinthians1:18
    Isaiah40:8
    Isaiah55:10&11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Said I would post this after our last Bible study... sorry for the delay.

    Statement of Belief:
    Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ!

    Scripture References
    Luke 7:50
    John 3:16-18
    Acts 16:31
    Romans 3:21-28
    Romans 5:1-2
    Romans 10:9
    Ephesians 2:4-9
    2 Timothy 3:14-15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian, I think your foundational truth is going to go right along with our study of The Path tonight... "The Authoritative Word"... hope everyone listened to the sermon and read in preparation for tonight! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should we have listened to Authoritative Word by now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truth: The word of God is Eternal, True , and accomplished, by revelation of the Holy Spirit.

    Scripture References

    Isaiah 40:8 & Isaiah 55:10&11

    ReplyDelete
  9. From now on, let's try putting our fundamental beliefs in a separate post. This will allow more room for comments dedicated to specific beliefs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.