Monday, January 18, 2010
Housekeeping
Book Recommendation
In our last Bible study, we discussed ordering the book, Living by the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible by Howard G. Hendricks and William D. Hendricks. I've found the book on Amazon for $8.91 plus tax and shipping. If you would like to order a book, please let me know. At the request of Nox, we can make a single order for all of the books. I'll bring my mom's copy of the book to the next Bible study so that everyone can browse through it and decide if it is a book that we want to order.
Introducing... Contributing Author, Ed Johnson, III
I'm sure you all have noticed that we have a blog author that is not a regular at our Bible studies. I have invited Ed Johnson, III to contribute to our blog. He is a Minister of Christian Education, a valuable resource, and like a brother to me. I am certain that his input will add greatly to our studies and enhance our quest for truth. Thanks in advance for contributing, EJ! :o)
The Village Church Study Guides
Siba and I have looked through some of the study guides posted by the Village Church. In a quest to go back to the basics and in preparation for the development of our statements of beliefs, I think we should start with Matt Chandler's "The Path" series. Take a gander at it on the Village Church website. Divinely, Matt Chandler also recommends Living by the Book. If this looks like a good starting point for everyone, I say we dive right in following our next Bible study. What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have enjoyed The Path series by Matt Chandler. I think it would be great for us to go through especially with our new book.
ReplyDelete